About Me



 



Hi! My name is Ashley Murphy, I am from a small town called Sweet Home (not the one from the song), and I have lived here for about 28 years. I believe that we all have many sides that we allow others to see and maybe only a handful of people we get to know see every side of us. In a way when we are meeting new people and allowing them to get to know us, we are marketing ourselves.

As a student I am currently attending Linn Benton Community College and plan on continuing my education by going to Oregon State University as a Business Major. I want to learn as much as I can about business before picking which aspect I enjoy most and what direction I want to lean towards professionally, however, I am currently most interested in finance. In the past I hadn’t put much thought into marketing other than appreciating the commercials that are put out during the Super Bowl (I feel Budweiser used to set the bar with their Clydesdale horses). While taking this class I am interested in discovering how marketing has evolved, where it is currently, and what the future of marketing looks like. At 37 years old I feel like I have seen marketing rapidly evolve from ads in the newspaper and on the sides of city buses, all the way to using social media and influencers, I am interested in seeing where we go from there.

I am a daughter, wife, mother, caregiver, student, and intern, those are just the positions that I hold space for right now and don’t include my interests. Sometimes as a mom it almost feels like that is currently my entire personality. However, I have many interests outside of my children but now I get to share those interests and hopefully spark joy in my kids for the things I love. A few things I am hoping to share are my love of reading, exploring/traveling, going to the ocean, going to baseball games, swimming, riding horses, and riding motorcycles. Before I had kids, I would go see the Mariners play at least once a year, I have fond memories of going to the King Dome to watch Ken Griffey Jr play, as well as going to Safeco Field with my mom and younger sister. I think as a parent I just want to leave my kids with similar impressions and memories they can look back on fondly and help develop their own passions and interests. It is my hope that in the future my kids will invite me to a Mariners game because they want to relive the experience that they have memories of (like I do with my own mom).


 

Mom with her exchange students and I


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing in the News: Budweiser

Social Listening and Blizzard Entertainment